Friday, January 29, 2016

Day 167 - Plumbing

Today the plumbers were by bright and early (before 7am).  We're not happy about the main water-line coming into the house by the basement.  It's a pretty big eye sore and I still think the door opening up into it is going to be a problem.  In retrospect I should have had them move it right from the get go when we saw it during foundation laying (see Day 31 - http://westlakebuildwithwaynehomes.blogspot.com/2015/09/day-31-lot-preped.html?_sm_au_=iVVsZ66tnFk7PJjQ).

At the end of the day we made the decision to move forward but this is just a lot sloppier than we expected.  It will also be a problem when we try to finish the basement.  Also Our FM told us that the Cleveland Division of Water did not pass the inspection because there is one extra shut off on our line than they want and the need to order different style fittings for the copper portion per their inspection results (which have already been ordered).

Looks like everything but the laundry room sink was installed.  The wife thinks that the toilets are too small (we just got the standard ones) but I think they are OK for now.

Still waiting on a date for the plumbing but here is the schedule for us as of right now:

  • 1/30 - I got the OK to install my ceiling speakers so I'll be doing that tomorrow
  • 2/1 - I have my cousin coming over to help with some of the low voltage wiring (CAT5/Caox)
  • 2/3 - Cleaning
  • 2/4-2/5 - Paint finish, walkthrough, and touch-ups
While we're so close I also know there is a lot of little things that need to be done.  I've been told by others and have told my FM that I will not release the last bank draw to Wayne Homes until everything meets our approval.  I'll start putting together a more comprehensive punch list shortly.















1 comment:

  1. go, every local establishments have different requirements. As a rule of thumb and many years of experience we know the un-banded couplings to be a code violation in most towns in Illinois. So a skilled plumber will know your locals codes and if the are allowed. In most cases these couplings are sufficient for low pressure drain systems.local contractor

    ReplyDelete